De-thatching and Cleanup
De-thatching, also called power raking, is an excellent way to get your lawn off to a healthy start in early spring. You will be surprised by how much thatch (layer of living and dead organic matter that occurs between the green matter and the soil surface) this process removes.
It’s simply the best lawn cleanup job you will ever see! We use a powerful mower and rake attachment to dig slightly below the lawn surface to rake up the thatch while simultaneously cutting the grass and sucking up everything into the catcher bins.
The vacuum power is incredible; it really sucks up everything! By removing the thatch and cutting the grass short in early spring, fresh green growth will thrive quickly. It is usually best to wait 2-3 weeks after de-thatching before mowing your lawn again.
The de-thatching service consists of the following:
• De-thatch (Powerrake) all lawn areas
• While de-thatching the machine also mows the grass
• Bag and haul away all grass and debri (usually ½ to a full truck load for average size lawns)
• Trim around buildings, borders, fences and trees
• Edge sidewalks and driveways
• Clear grass clippings from sidewalks and driveways
Please give us a call, and we will have a lawn consultant inspect your property and provide a free quote.